Degenerative disc disease, also known as osteoarthritis of the spine, is a very common condition that affects more than 3 million Americans each year. If you’re someone who is currently suffering from degenerative disc disease (DDD), you may be seeking treatment to ease the pain and discomfort. You can turn to the dedicated team at Premier Bone & Joint Centers and receive attentive care at our convenient satellite clinic in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
Causes & Symptoms
DDD is a condition that involves one or more of the discs between the vertebrae of the spinal column deteriorating or breaking down. It’s an age-related condition that typically affects those 60 years and older, because the discs naturally break down over time. However, certain activities and injuries can also trigger DDD. If you’re suffering from this condition, you may have the following symptoms:
- Pain that is worse when sitting
- Pain that gets worse when bending, lifting or twisting
- Finding relief while walking or even running after sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Pain in the lower back, buttocks, thighs or neck
- Feeling better changing positions often or lying down
- Periods of severe pain that come and go
- Weakness in the leg muscles
- Numbness and tingling in the extremities
Our Treatment Options
Whatever type of pain or discomfort you’re experiencing, the orthopedic doctors of Premier Bone & Joint Centers will help alleviate it with our treatment options. For many cases of degenerative disc disease, relief can be found in non-operative treatments like physical therapy, pain medication, and wearing a back brace. However, if we find that it’s necessary, we can perform surgery to help repair a disc and provide you the relief that you need.
Residents of Cheyenne, WY, can feel confident turning to the board-certified and fellowship-trained professionals at Premier Bone & Joint Centers. Schedule a visit today for degenerative disc disease treatment.