Knee Replacement: Signs & Symptoms
As the most common joint replacement procedure performed, there is extensive information available on the topic of knee replacements. However, most of the information provided will not answer all of your questions-particularly whether the time is right for you to consider a new knee joint.
Knee replacement surgery is a major procedure and requires a significant amount of consideration. It is not only a big decision, but a large commitment, considering that rehabilitation will be necessary to achieve maximum function.
Listed below are some signs and symptoms to help you determine whether you are a candidate for a total knee replacement.
You may be ready for a knee replacement if:
- You have knee pain that keeps you awake at night
- The pain in your knee prevents you from participating in your favorite recreational activities
- You have knee pain that limits your ability to conduct necessary and daily functions, such as climbing stairs or standing up
- You have attempted more conservative treatment methods without success
Signs that you are not ready for a knee replacement include:
- Knee pain that does not limit your routine activities
- You have not attempted more conservative treatment options
- Your symptoms are improving with conservative treatments
The doctors at Premier Bone & Joint Centers specialize in joint replacement procedures, including the knee, and they may be your best resource for addressing questions or concerns. If you would like more information regarding knee pain or total knee replacement procedures, contact Premier Bone & Joint Centers at (877) 557-1166.