Nerve Surgery Relief for Those Suffering From Nerve Damage
If left untreated, nerve damage can lead to chronic pain, limiting your mobility and your body’s functionality. If you suspect that you have nerve damage from a recent injury, the orthopedic specialists at Premier Bone & Joint Centers can help. We will work to diagnose the cause of your pain and implement the most effective, long-term treatment, which may include nerve surgery.
Common Nerve Damage Symptoms
In order to find the best solution to manage your chronic pain, we’ll need to diagnose your condition as accurately as possible. You may suffer from nerve damage if you experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- Burning or stabbing pain
- Radiating pain
Depending on the localization and intensity of your symptoms, one of our physicians will be able to judge whether nerve surgery can help you.
Nerve Surgery Techniques
A type of microsurgery, nerve surgery uses cutting-edge technology and techniques to manipulate one of the most intricate systems in your body: the nervous system. In most cases, a trained surgeon can repair nerve damage and restore functionality.
Oftentimes, we preform surgery on the following nerves or nerve clusters:
- Ulnar and radial — Extending from your shoulder to your hand, these nerves affect sensation in your palm, pinky, and ring fingers. They also control your ability to move your wrist and flex your hand.
- Median — Running from your shoulder through your hand, this nerve affects the thumb, index, and middle fingers.
- Brachial plexus — Located in the shoulder, this nerve cluster affects the functionality of your arm as a whole. Nerve damage here can radiate down your entire limb and lead to muscle atrophy.
Nerve surgery requires incredible precision, which is why you need a highly skilled surgeon at the operating table. The physicians at Premier Bone & Joint Centers all possess board certifications and fellowship training. Additionally, we keep abreast of the latest techniques to ensure your surgery will provide the best solution to nerve damage.
To learn more about nerve surgery and the other nerve damage solutions provided by Premier Bone & Joint Centers, schedule an appointment today. We’re located in Laramie and have convenient satellite locations across the state.
Locations Where Offered
Specialties & Services
- Diagnostic Services
- Physician Specialties
- Foot & Ankle Sports Injuries
- Sports Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehab
- Surgical and Non-Surgical Treatments