Overcome Your Pain With the Help of a Physiatrist in Rawlins, WY
A physiatrist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosing, treating, and managing pain associated with an illness or injury. The physiatrists at Premier Bone & Joint Centers in Rawlins, Wyoming, take a whole-body approach to addressing painful musculoskeletal conditions with physical medicine and rehabilitation. By looking beyond the “problem area” and examining the relationships between the various moving parts of the body, we can often pinpoint the source of pain and treat it directly.
A Focus on Functional Wellness
Each board-certified, fellowship-trained physiatrist at Premier Bone & Joint Centers emphasizes personalized treatment with a focus on functional wellness. We understand that each patient we treat is an individual who has unique needs and goals, and we address them accordingly. For instance, while one patient may want to resume competing athletically on a professional level, another may want to regain the ability to sit down on the floor and play with his or her grandchildren. Therefore, in working with a patient, the role of a physiatrist can vary widely and may include:
- Developing a targeted physical therapy regimen
- Demonstrating proper exercise techniques
- Acting as a health and nutrition counselor
- Prescribing and managing medications
- Administering injections or musculoskeletal ultrasound therapy
- Performing nerve conduction studies
- Enlisting the support of other medical professionals, such as sports medicine doctors
- Suggesting complementary therapies, such as chiropractic care and medical acupuncture
In the event that a patient’s pain does not improve with conservative treatment, a physiatrist may refer him or her to a surgical specialist at Premier Bone & Joint Centers.
Jumpstart the Healing Process
If you have a painful musculoskeletal condition, a physiatrist at Premier Bone & Joint Centers can help you manage or overcome your discomfort so you can get on with your life. Jumpstart the healing process by scheduling an appointment with an experienced physiatrist at our satellite clinic in Rawlins, WY.