Premier Therapy Services offers Trigger Point Dry Needling by numerous certified practitioners. Dry needling involves inserting a tiny mono-filament needle into a muscle or muscles in order to release shortened bands of muscles in order to decrease trigger point activity. This can help resolve pain and muscle tension, and will promote healing. This is not traditional Chinese Acupuncture, but instead a medical treatment that relies on a medical diagnosis to be effective.
What to expect during/after a treatment?
- Some soreness immediately after treatment in the area of the body you were treated. The soreness may vary from person to person and based on the area of the body was treated, but typically it feels like you had an intense workout at the gym. Soreness may last up to 24 hours.
- Bruising from the treatment is possible, somewhat uncommon, but is not of concern. Use ice to help decrease the bruising.
- There may be instances when treatment may exacerbate your symptoms–this is normal and may indicate further discussion is needed concerning your plan of care.
We highly recommend increasing your water intake for the next 24 hours after treatment as well as:
- Massage the area
- Participate in normal physical activity
- Apply heat or ice as preferred for post treatment soreness