Who would benefit from Wound Care and what types of wounds do we see?
- Necrotic Wounds
- Pressure Ulcers
- Diabetic Wounds
- Chronic Wounds
- Venous and/or Arterial Wounds
- Non-healing surgical wounds
- Traumatic wounds
What does Wound Care involve?
- A comprehensive evaluation and development of an individualized care plan
- Cleaning of the wound
- Debridement (removal) of any non-viable tissue
- Selection and application of wound dressing
- Application of compression if necessary
- Education of the patient, caregivers and/or family members regarding wound care and dressing changes.